Board index Security Virus & Other Malware Removal Help How do i stop browser hijacking??

How do i stop browser hijacking??

Please post your security problems, discussion and get support of Virus and Other Malware Removal help here

Post Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:47 am

My computer keeps redirecting me to a different page. I think its browser hijacking?? I don't know if it is, how do i stop it from doing that?? help please..

Post Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:55 am

Sorry to tell you that you have got some programs on your computer that are always sending you to sites trying to sell stuff.

Post Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:59 am

You have a spyware. You should remove it as soon as possible to avoid further loss. I suggest you:
1.Open up your Google Chrome.
2. Click on the menu button in the top-right of the screen (it's right next to the star-shaped bookmark button)
3. Click on Tools > Extensions
4. A screen will pop up showing all your installed internet extensions. Usually it's one of these extensions that's causing hijacking on your computer. So please delete all strange extensions completely.

Post Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:04 am

If you use IE, you can use "Reset Internet Explorer Settings" which is under Internet Options > Advanced. It may help you reset IE back to normal.

Return to Virus & Other Malware Removal Help