Board index Security Virus & Other Malware Removal Help Is Windows Antivirus Master real or not?

Is Windows Antivirus Master real or not?

Please post your security problems, discussion and get support of Virus and Other Malware Removal help here

Post Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:18 am

This program named Windows Antivirus Master appears on my computer. Shortcut on desktop and Start menu. I don't know how and when it comes. But this program automatically runs a scan to my system, I can do nothing to it. It asks me to pay a registered code to sign up the program so as to delete all detected virus. But my MSE does not tell me anything. I wonder is this Windows Antivirus Master real or fake?

Hi, Morgan, I heard some rogue programs like Windows Efficiency Master and Windows Efficiency Kit, I have never heard of the one you mentioned. I think it is not a genuine antivirus. You had better remove it ASAP. :D

I have never heard of this program either. I do agree the earlier you uninstall it, the better it will be. It seems that rogue programs could be able to harm the whole attacked system by dropping other PC threats. You may encounter pop-up ads, website redirects, slow computer performance and system crashes.

You can try restarting the system in Safe Mode with Networking (tap F8 when the system loads till the option occurs, then you use arrow keys to highlight the option and press Enter)

Then you can run a real scan to the system with your installed antivirus. If your security tool is not that powerful enough to detect the malware, you should try other professional ones like SpyHunter.

Hope this helps you! :D :D

Return to Virus & Other Malware Removal Help