Board index Security Virus & Other Malware Removal Help Detect Win32/Rovnix.gen!C! How dangerous is it?!

Detect Win32/Rovnix.gen!C! How dangerous is it?!

Please post your security problems, discussion and get support of Virus and Other Malware Removal help here

I noticed that several programs consumed large part of CPU at the task manager, even when I did nothing. I didn't recognize them. So I ran Malwarebytes and it found this Win32/Rovnix.gen!C!
The problem is, how can I find this thing? Are those programs I don't know related to this virus? Do I have to remove all of them to get the virus out completely? Any help will be appreciated!

Bob

It is a dangerous Trojan virus. The odd programs appearing on your computer may be brought in by this Torjan horse as it may open a backdoor without your knowledge.You can try to remove this virus in safe mode with networking where this virus will be disabled temporarily.

Crap! How do I do it exactly? I never did this before. Do forgive me for not being a geek! Thanks.

Bob

That's OK. Everyone got to learn something new, rigth? Reboot your computer and before the Windows sign shows up, keep tapping F8 repeatedly until advanced option screen shows. Choose Safe Mode with Networking with arrow key. When you are in Safe Mode, use the Malwarebytes to run a full scan and delete all infected files found by it.

Return to Virus & Other Malware Removal Help