Board index Computer & Internet Problems in Windows System Windows 7 Freezing repeatedly?

Windows 7 Freezing repeatedly?

Post computer problems you encounter here and get help

Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:48 am

I have Windows 7-32bit (x86) and nearly no matter what I am doing, whether it is playing Grand Theft Auto IV. Or just simply typing a message as I am doing currently, my PC will lock up.
I have a laser mouse, when my PC freezes the laser turn off. The Num Lock, Caps Lock, and Scroll Lock keys are all stuck as well. My mouse does not move, Ctrl+Alt+Delete does not work either. There is simply nothing that I can do. The only way to turn off my PC after the lock up. Anyone can help me out of this matter?

Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:49 am

I recommend doing a clean install of Windows. I think your windows is really buggy, or bad drivers may have been installed.

Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:54 am

You have a 32-bit system and you're playing a game with high end graphics I would imagine. It could be a number of things but you may want to update your graphics card. 32-bit is old too if you're going to start putting all these newer programs and drivers on it. 8 GB of memory is a waste too since 32-bit uses up to 4 GB and won't matter anything beyond that.

Sometimes an old PSU can cause a system to lock up and reboot too. Your motherboard as well may not be able to handle too many functions. You could start buying all sorts of stuff for it but the thing is, technology moves so fast it doesn't makes sense to hold onto it unless you use a 64-bit. 32-bit is a thing of the past and anything you buy or upgrade will likely interfere with performance. It's cheaper to get a new pc even though you probably don't want to spend the extra money. In the long run you're better off dude.

Return to Problems in Windows System