Board index Computer & Internet Problems in Windows System What's wrong with my PC?

What's wrong with my PC?

Post computer problems you encounter here and get help

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:21 am

I have a Sony Vaio, and recently when i turn on it the lights would come on, fan would come on, etc. but the screen never lit up. Someone tell me to "Take out the battery, hold down the power button for 60 seconds, then plug it in and turn it on". That worked just a few minutes. Now my PC even show no screen and it won't come on no matter how many times I try. I thought the problem maybe go to my screen, I plugged in an external monitor but it didn't even register that my pc was plugged in.
When the computer is plugged in, the symptoms are:
Power light comes on. Caps and Num lock lights flash, and CD drive kicks up.
please help me, i do want to restore it rather than buy a new one.

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:26 am

It could be your graphic card or one of the rams. Or it is just caused by dusty and moist, so you need to clean it with a air blower.
Get it opened remove the rams 1by1 and check what the issue by yourself.
Most probably its just the Ram.

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:33 am

This time take the battery out and hold the power button for a min. Now plug in the AC adapter and try to turn it on without putting the battery back in. If this works, it is an indication that you have a bad battery. Do not use it with the bad battery install.

If that does not work check the lights to see if any of them are blinking in a pattern. Sometimes you can get a diagnostic from a blinking caps lock or some other light.

Check the power jack in the puter and see if it is loose. They have a bad habit of becoming detached from the motherboard.

If no lights blinking or other wise you might have a dead AC adapter. Find someone with a DVM and see if you can check it. If you have no experience with DVM get someone with experience to do it. You can cause damage if you do it wrong.

Return to Problems in Windows System