Board index Security Virus & Other Malware Removal Help Found Safewebballiance.com on Firefox! Is it safe to keep?

Found Safewebballiance.com on Firefox! Is it safe to keep?

Please post your security problems, discussion and get support of Virus and Other Malware Removal help here

I get pop-up ads all the time when I surf online. Those ads always display some discounts and coupons of things that I plan to get. Like, when I want some novels, they display the discounts on books. That's add! Then I notice my homepage switches to Safewebballiance.com and I don't know when. :shock: I got a feeling that this thing is not good to keep. How should I remove it?

Bob

This kind of pest is invented to monitor your online browsing. So when you are on ebay for some products, it will know and then send related ads to you.But don't even think about visiting those promoting websites or products. They are all fake! All they want is your money, personal info or something else. Do clean all the cookies on your browsers!

Sounds creepy! Thanks for telling me that. How do I clean "cookies" please?

Bob

1.Click on the "Tools" tab at the top of the browser.
2.Then click"Options."
3.Click on the "Personal Stuff" tab (or "Under the Hood" for beta versions of the browser).
4.Click on "Clear browsing data."Select the check boxes to decide which items to delete from your browser's history. These include browsing history, download history, cache, cookies and other site data, passwords and form data.
5.Click on the "Clear browsing data" button and close the browser to remove any cookies gained through your current browsing session. Hope you get rid of this virus soon!

Return to Virus & Other Malware Removal Help