Board index Security Virus & Other Malware Removal Help Need to stop Windows Efficiency Master and popup warnings

Need to stop Windows Efficiency Master and popup warnings

Please post your security problems, discussion and get support of Virus and Other Malware Removal help here

An unknown program disguises as a real security tool in my computer. But I suppose it's a fake and deceptive one for it just occurs on the desktop on Windows start-up and runs a auto scan to the system. Another gloomy thing is that Windows Efficiency Master scans a lot of viruses which seems not true. Meanwhile, I got redirects and ads on my chrome browser. Can anyone help me completely remove Windows Efficiency Master, no matter it's a virus or malware?

I have heard of rogueware named Windows Efficiency Kit, the program you mentioned is probably a variant of it. You can then restart your computer in Safe Mode with Networking (press F8 when the system loads, then use arrow keys to highlight the option and hit Enter). Check Control Panel for any suspicious program and uninstall it. Execute system registry (click Start menu, find Run and enter "regedit") and delete all malicious and suspicious files like HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon. Show hidden files, search and clear files like %Temp%\random.exe.

The so-called antivirus could be used to treat you for money and confidential information. You should uninstall the downloaded suspicious program from Control Panel. Meanwhile, you are advised to carry out all actions in Safe Mode with Networking (press F8 once you hit the start-up button, when you get some options including Safe Mode you use arrow keys to highlight it and hit Enter). If you have a professional genuine security tool, I think you should run a scan to the system then. Find out all threats and delete them all. If you encounter website redirections, this malware could have allowed other malware to enter your system. To solve browser hijacking problem, you open the browser, reset settings and clear unknown add-ons and extensions. Good luck.

Return to Virus & Other Malware Removal Help