Board index Security Virus & Other Malware Removal Help Should I trust Windows Efficiency Kit?

Should I trust Windows Efficiency Kit?

Please post your security problems, discussion and get support of Virus and Other Malware Removal help here

Post Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:16 pm

I downloaded a music player this morning and after that this thing popped up suddenly. It made a scan over my system and I didn't stop it since I didn't know how. Didn't see any reject button. A few mins later, this Windows Efficiency Kit showed me a report and said some kind of virus had been detected. But my other tools didn't show any alerts. Should I believe this thing?

Absolutely no!! This kind of thing happens a couple of times. It just a fake stuff and tricks you into buying its paid version. The scan result made by it is totally made up. You shall never buy a word of it. Use your security tool, whatever it is, to remove this malware ASAP!!

It would not be so smart to believe in this kind of program. It has been reported as a fake antivirus that is made to deceive PC users and get money and personal information. You had better clean it as soon as possible. Access the system in Safe Mode with Networking, then you run a scan to the system with your installed tool. Uninstall similar program in Control Panel and delete dropped suspicious files. You may find it helpful in http://blog.doofix.com/remove-uninstall-windows-efficiency-kit-virus-fake-antivirus-step-by-step/
All the best!

Return to Virus & Other Malware Removal Help