Board index Security Virus & Other Malware Removal Help Infected by Dorkbot virus!

Infected by Dorkbot virus!

Please post your security problems, discussion and get support of Virus and Other Malware Removal help here

Post Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:09 pm

Hi, my computer acted weirdly these days. My son told me strange things pop up when he played games. I did a scan with MSE, it said it found a virus named Dorkbot. The computer is running slower than before. And I cannot see any difference. Is this virus serious? Can it be cleaned?

Post Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:22 pm

Dorkbot is a risky trojan virus that can steal your information in the background. It can take advantage of loopholes in the out-of-date applicaitons to come inside your comoputer. You'd better change all the passwords that have been on this machine, your Emails, FB accounts and something like that. Sounds a bit troublesome, but why take the risk, right?

Post Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:31 pm

Thanks! i have cleaned out all the old apps or replace them with new ones. It seems like this Trojan virus has been killed. No pop ups anymore. But the computer is still slow. Can it come back again? Or anything that I have to do to keep it away?

Post Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:33 pm

This pest downloaded lots of junk files by itself, you have to remove them too. Go check Registry Editor and Start-up list. Delete all items that named after this Torjan. Never get freeware from unknown resource where these Trojans virus may lurk.

Return to Virus & Other Malware Removal Help