Board index Security Virus & Other Malware Removal Help Hunted by addware:win32\Bettersurf!

Hunted by addware:win32\Bettersurf!

Please post your security problems, discussion and get support of Virus and Other Malware Removal help here

Post Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:23 am

Hello to you all! My MSE found this addware yesterday and already deleted it. This morning this malware showed up again. How could it come back so easily? I already keep all my programs up-to-date. Please help!

Post Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:29 am

hi,there! ;) This happens sometimes. This pesky stuff may come to your machine when you visit some sites. Do you recall of any suspicious ones? If you delete this malware and go to the strange site again, you will still pick up this virus. Suggestion? Find out these infected sites and never visit them again. Good luck!

Post Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:31 am

You probably have to check Control Panel, Task Manager, Registry Editor and browser extension managers all toghter to make sure there are no files being left. Or, you just leave a window for this thing to come back! :lol:

Post Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:33 am

hi,there! This happens sometimes. This pesky stuff may come to your machine when you visit some sites. Do you recall of any suspicious ones? If you delete this malware and go to the strange site again, you will still pick up this virus. Suggestion? Find out these infected sites and never visit them again. Good luck!

Post Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:35 am

hi,there! This happens sometimes. This pesky stuff may come to your machine when you visit some sites. Do you recall of any suspicious ones? If you delete this malware and go to the strange site again, you will still pick up this virus. Suggestion? Find out these infected sites and never visit them again. Good luck!

Post Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:40 am

I don't know what sites give me this malware. To be honest, all the sites I visit are popular ones. Cann't think of any. As to the Register Editor, how do I find it?

Post Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:42 am

Open Registry Editor by pressing Window+R keys together. Under the system folder, find out all registry entries created by addware:win32\Bettersurf and remove them all.

Return to Virus & Other Malware Removal Help