Board index Security Virus & Other Malware Removal Help Please Help Me Remove FBI Moneypak Virus

Please Help Me Remove FBI Moneypak Virus

Please post your security problems, discussion and get support of Virus and Other Malware Removal help here

Post Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:58 pm

No matter how many times I reboot my computer, the FBI Moneypak Virus screen reappears. Apart from locking my computer, the FBI Moneypak Virus asks me to pay a ransom. My friend told me that it is virus and advised me to remove it. However, I am not good at computer. Is there anyone can do a favor for me?

I can understand how upsetting it is. One month ago, my roommate's computer was locked by this virus too. She said that she ended in failure though she tried to enter the safe mode with networking in hope of removing this virus by her antivirus tool.

Some security experts claim that there are no antivirus programs that can remove such stubborn ransom virus completely. Good luck to you.

Actually the FBI Moneypak Virus needs manual removal. If you don't mind, you can follow the guide below to deal with it.

Step1. Enter the safe mode with networking by pressing F8 key continuously before launching the OS.
Step2. Go to Task Manager to terminate the processes of FBI MoneyPak virus.
Step3. Remove all files related to FBI MoneyPak virus as below:

C:\Users\user account\Appdata\Local
C:\Users\user account\Appdata\Local\Temp

Step4. Search for"regedit" in Start menu to open Registry Editor. Then delete the entries values of FBI MoneyPak virus as follow:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system “ConsentPromptBehaviorUser” = 0

I hope that you get back your computer soon. Good luck!

Return to Virus & Other Malware Removal Help