Board index Security Virus & Other Malware Removal Help How do I get browser hijacker called Outfox.TV out of my homepage

How do I get browser hijacker called Outfox.TV out of my homepage

Please post your security problems, discussion and get support of Virus and Other Malware Removal help here

Every time I try to reset my home page Outfox.TV keeps coming back as my default homepage. I need to get rid of it. Do I have to uninstall internet explorer and re-install IE to get rid of it.

Outfox.TV is a kind of browser hijacker. For some reason the anti-spyware programs cannot always remove Browser hijackers. I would guess that you are using Internet Explorer.
If your using IE the hijacker could be in your add- ons.Open IE, go to tools, then click on manage add-ons, then click on Enable or disable add-ons, next to Show it should read Add-ons currently loaded in Internet Explorer. If not change it to that. Now check the add-on list. Look for ones you don't recognize. Click on the ones you don't recognize or you know you didn't install.Then click on Disable for each one. Then click ok.

this is a browser hijack,best browser hijack remover is sunbelt counterspy or try spybot search & destroy.
If they failed it will be so good to try system restore

Return to Virus & Other Malware Removal Help