Board index Security Virus & Other Malware Removal Help How Can I Get Rid of Cryptolocker Virus?

How Can I Get Rid of Cryptolocker Virus?

Please post your security problems, discussion and get support of Virus and Other Malware Removal help here

Post Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:49 pm

Help! Yesterday I installed a free application onto my computer. Unluckily, I got a ransom virus at the same time.
The cryptolocker virus drives me mad now. It locks my computer and asks me to pay a ransom. I don't know how to get rid of this virus. I would appreciate it very much if you would help me with this issue.

Sorry to hear that. Why not use your antivirus program to deal with it?

Are you sure that the freeware made you encounter this virus? It sounds terrible. I think I need to pay munch attention to some free resources on the Internet. I hope that you can remove this virus soon.

It is upset that you suffer this kind of ramsomware.
You can enter the safe mode with networking by pressing F8 continuously and run your antivirus tool to pick out this virus. If your antivirus tool doesn't work, you need to remove this virus manually.

First, you ought to open the Task Manager to terminate Cryptolocker Virus processes. Second, you have to find out Cryptolocker Virus files like %AppData% or %LocalAppData%.

And then click on Start button to search for "regedit". After opening Registry Editor, you also look for Cryptolocker Virus registries entries as below: KEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "CryptoLocker"

By the way, manual removal of this virus is a little complex. You need to be careful of each step.

Return to Virus & Other Malware Removal Help