Board index Computer & Internet Office & Other Software Fix Word Error to add page numbers

Fix Word Error to add page numbers

Post your problems of office and other software

Post Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:59 am

Yesterday when I tried to insert page numbers to the document, an error message saying “Error: Word cannot open this document template (C:\ Users\...Building Blocks.dotx)”. Any idea about this?
Thanks!

Post Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:02 am

Sorry to hear your Office does not work well. Try this to troubleshoot the problem:
Close Word. Locate and remove Building Blocks.dotx template in the User profiles. Be careful not delete the one in Programs folder. Then you restart the Word application, it will automatically recreate a new Building Blocks.dotx with default settings.

Post Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:03 am

I have ever encountered such problem, and I searched for answers finally I got the working one.
1. Remove or rename the whole Office Registry tree from HKEY_CUREENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office
2. Restart Word

Post Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:04 am

The mentioned file could have been corrupted. So you are advised to delete the damaged file.
Go to C:\USER\USER\APPDATA\ROAMING\MICROSOFT\DOCUMENT BUILDING BLOCKS/1033, delete ~$uilding.block.dotx

Return to Office & Other Software