Board index Computer & Internet Browser Problems Youtube comments disappear...

Youtube comments disappear...

Post your problems with IE, FireFox, Chrome and other browsers

Post Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:22 am

Youtube comments disappear when I click "show the comment" to see a thread of comments.

I was browsing youtube earlier and all of the sudden whenever I would click "show the comment" to see the comment someone had replied to the the persons response disappeared and there would be a large blank space. Tried it on Internet Explorer and everything worked fine so its just FF that its not working on. Also tried clearing my cache and cookies, that didnt work either. Any help would be appreciated.

Post Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:45 am

Same problem here. Firefox 22, Windows 7 64 bit. Just started happening a few days ago. I tried disabling all plugins and extentions clearing everything out of history and cache and even tried private browsing and the problem still occurs.

Post Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:50 am

Every web page change cause 1 to 6 error messages. If this was an intentional action then the unintended consequences out weigh the benefits. I would gladly go back to the previous version and forget the update. Firefox has been my primary browser for years, now I wonder if it can be in the future.

Post Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:55 am

There is a bug on file for this and we suspect it's something that has changed on the YouTube end. It looks like QA was able to reproduce it all the way back to FF 17 or so and it looks like it just started happening a few days ago. Anyway, I doubt it's a FF 22 thing but will let you know when we know more.

Post Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:57 am

One thing that I did notice was when I had the window maximized then clicked on "Show the Comment" the white space appeared and the comment dissapeared. However when I un-maximized the window the comment appeared and the extra space went away. It also seems to fix it even if the window is not maximized and I just resize the window enough for it to have to adjust placement of the comments within the window. Not sure what any of this means but maybe someone out there may get a clue as to what is going on by these symptoms. I have tried reproducing in Internet Explorer 10 but the problem does not occur.

Return to Browser Problems