Board index Computer & Internet Browser Problems Need help to stop UpdatesJava.com redirection!!

Need help to stop UpdatesJava.com redirection!!

Post your problems with IE, FireFox, Chrome and other browsers

Hi everyone here,

I just got annoying issue with UpdatesJava.com. I recently received a warning about my browser is outdated and I need to update it immediately. And I did that as the warning reminded me. But after it was done, when I use my browser as usual, I see lots of weird ads popping up. Then I check my browser settings, I also find that default homepage was changed to http://updatesjava.com/ and lots of unfamiliar websites were marked to my Bookmark. What a weird thing!!

I don't really want that site on my browser, does anyone here have goooooooood idea how to completely remove it?

Will appreciate any ideas.

Thanks

Hi Yetta,

It is a browser hijacker virus. You really should remove it now, otherwise more annoyances and disturbances will happen to you.

But sorry I don't have perfect solution for you now. You can check with Doofix experts here.

Good luck with that

Hello Yetta,

sorry about your problem.

I think you can try to remove it by resetting your browser, or you could just uninstall it and go to use different browser. :lol: :lol:

Not a very smart idea, but could be a way to get away from that bug. Right?? :D :D

Emily, :D :D not very smart, but could useful. That is enough. :lol: :lol:

Hi Yetta,

Which browser you are using now?

I may have some ideas to help you.

Hi Molly,

It is Firefox I am using. Thank you for sharing your ideas with me.

Hi Yetta,

I got it. I think you can try to do the following things to remove UpdatesJava.com by yourself.

1. Uninstall all suspicious programs that may bring in UpdatesJava.com

Click Start menu -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a program or Add/Remove Programs, go to check the whole program list and uninstall those you don't recognize.

2. Remove suspicious browser add-on/extensions

A. Open Firefox, go to Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions. Find out its relevant extensions and other suspicious ones and click Disable or Remove

B. After that open Firefox again, go to Tools -> Options -> General tab -> Startup. In this step, you can reset your default homepage for your Firefox. The homepage you can set it as a blank page or some other favorite websites.

I know this one way that is useful to some cases that browser hijacker doesn't perform further damage to the browser. Hope this is workable to you. Good luck, girl.

Thank you very much, I will try your way. Hope it works

Return to Browser Problems