Board index Computer & Internet Browser Problems Need to stop Windows Efficiency Master and popup warnings

Need to stop Windows Efficiency Master and popup warnings

Post your problems with IE, FireFox, Chrome and other browsers

An unknown program disguises as a real security tool in my computer. But I suppose it's a fake and deceptive one for it just occurs on the desktop on Windows start-up and runs a auto scan to the system. Another gloomy thing is that Windows Efficiency Master scans a lot of viruses which seems not true. Meanwhile, I got redirects and ads on my chrome browser. Can anyone help me completely remove Windows Efficiency Master, no matter it's a virus or malware?

Try a System Restore. First you should start the computer in Safe Mode (press F8 when the system loads, when you see some options you use arrow keys to select the mode). Then you can click Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > System tools > System Restore, then you follow the guides to solve the problem. Hope this helps you.

Log in your system in Safe Mode (hit F8 before the system loads till the option appears, then use arrow keys to highlight the option and press Enter), then go to Control Panel from Start menu and delete suspicious program. Execute system registry (press Winkey and R, and enter "regedit"), then check every folder and clean malicious entries.

Return to Browser Problems