Board index Computer & Internet Browser Problems How to Remove Wrapper.z5x.net Virus?

How to Remove Wrapper.z5x.net Virus?

Post your problems with IE, FireFox, Chrome and other browsers

Post Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:58 am

It is suck that my browser is infected with Wrapper.z5x.net Virus. And I keep getting redirections when I work in the Internet. No matter how many times I reset my browser settings, Wrapper.z5x.net comes back again and again. I am really upset. :L

Post Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:23 am

Simply resetting your browser settings doesn't mean that you have removed this virus from your computer completely. This browser hijack virus often automatically generates some malicious files in your system. Hence, it is necessary to delete all infected files. But it is difficult to locate these malicious files. Hence, I suggest that you should ask for professional help. Good luck.

Post Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:28 am

You can refer to some online removal guides of browser hijackers to deal with your issue if you are good at computer.

Post Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:38 am

Hey. Ryan, I would love to help you out of that.

step1: Go to Control Panel to stop the process of this virus.
Step2: Search for Folder Options. Tick Show hidden files/folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files(Recommended) and click OK button.
Step3: Remove the infected files as follow:
%AllUserProfile%\Application Data\ .dll
%AllUserProfile%\Application Data\ .exe
Step4: Open Registry Editor to find out the registries entries of this virus and delete them.

Return to Browser Problems