Board index Computer & Internet Browser Problems Need to get rid of Systweak Toolbar

Need to get rid of Systweak Toolbar

Post your problems with IE, FireFox, Chrome and other browsers

Post Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:26 pm

The unknown toolbar Systweak Toolbar is installed to my Firefox but I cannot remove it. I sometimes get blank pages and sometimes forced to visit unwanted promoted sites. Is it a redirect? How can I do to get rid of it?

Post Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:36 pm

Uninstall related programs in Control Panel, delete dropped add-ons in web browser, clear cookies and history, and remove dropped registry files especially those suspicious ones. Hope this helps!

Post Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:45 pm

Yep but sad. It is actually a malicious program that causes redirects. If you have downloaded any program before the problem appears, you should uninstall it. You should delete all unwanted browser add-ons especially those related to this toolbar. Then I advise you to show hidden files by setting the Folder Option and search and remove files like %StartMenu%\Programs\random.lnk, %AppData%\result.db. Check the registry entries and clear unknown files as well: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Systweak Toolbar, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer\run\Random.exe
Hope this helps you! :)

Return to Browser Problems