Board index Computer & Internet Browser Problems Help me Delete HEUR:Worm.Script.Generic Virus

Help me Delete HEUR:Worm.Script.Generic Virus

Post your problems with IE, FireFox, Chrome and other browsers

Hours ago, my antivirus program detected HEUR:Worm.Script.Generic and told me that it had removed it. But several minutes later, HEUR:Worm.Script.Generic just pops up again. What's wrong? How can i remove this Trojan?

Some malware can hide deep inside the infected system and escape the detection from antivirus. You said your antivirus had removed but it came back again? That's mainly because the antivirus just remove a little parts of it. The rest parts will bring back the virus again if there are some still inside the system. In order to remove this trojan, you should boot your computer in the Safe Mode with Networking by pressing F8 constantly while the machine is launching. After that, run your antivirus to scan the system and remove all of its components.

You can use "System Restore" to restore your computer to a previous time. Control Panel/System/System Protection/System Restore. You ought to do this from safe mode.

HEUR:Worm.Script.Generic is quite dangerous. My friend had this in his PC once moths ago.

Return to Browser Problems