Brief Introduction of Arcade Twist Virus
Arcade Twist is defined as a nasty adware virus that has the ability to compromise various web browsers. Generally speaking, Arcade Twist is spread through spam e-mails. If you click the link accidentally, the adware will sneak into your PC so quickly that you have no ideas about when it comes inside. After installation, it will make a mess of your system.
First of all, Arcade Twist modifies system settings and adds its malicious codes to the registry. As a result, it can boot up together with your system. Secondly, Arcade Twist hijacks your web browser and displays pop-up advertisements on your screen, which not only affects the system operating speed, but also reduces browser performance. Moreover, Arcade Twist is likely to delete the original home page, so you probably lose your favorite homepage and cannot get it back.
What’s worse, Arcade Twist is able to create system vulnerabilities which may be taken advantage by various malware such as Gsave and LstDownload.net. By then, those malware can intrude into your system without any obstruction. Lastly, Arcade Twist records your browsing activities so as to provide other related ads for you. In a word, you must get rid of Arcade Twist from your PC immediately, before your computer crashes.
Screenshot of Arcade Twist:
For Windows 7 and Vista users:
1. Click Start menu button, and click Control Panel
2. Select View by Category and click Uninstall a program under Programs
For Windows XP users:
1. Click Start menu button, and click Control Panel
2. Click Add or Remove Programs
For Windows 8 and 8.1 users:
Hover your mouse over the lower left corner of your screen, right click on the Start menu and select Programs and Features
For Windows 10 users:
Right click on the Windows menu and select Programs and Features
In the program list window, investigate all programs you installed, click on those suspicious programs, and click Uninstall or Remove to get rid of them.
After you uninstall Arcade Twist and other potentially unwanted programs which may cause your browser redirect problem, it′s necessary to scan and check your computer system for any unwanted leftovers. To scan your system and detect any leftover, you can use this recommended malware detector.
Step 2: Remove Arcade Twist from Google Chrome
Remove malignant extensions from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome, click its menu icon, move your mouse to More tools and click Extensions
2. Investigate all extensions, and click the trash can to remove any unwanted extension
If you′re still receiving ads from Arcade Twist, you can reset your Google Chrome.
1. Click its menu icon and click Settings
2. Scroll down the Settings page and click Show advanced settings
3. Move to the end of the page, and click Reset settings button under Reset settings section
4. Click Reset button to continue
Step 3: Remove Arcade Twist from Mozilla Firefox
Remove malignant add-ons from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, click its menu icon, and click Add-ons
2. Click Extensions tab, investigate all add-ons, and click Remove button to remove any unwanted add-on
If you′re still receiving ads from Arcade Twist, you can reset your Mozilla Firefox.
1. Click its menu icon and click Open Help Menu
2. Click Troubleshooting Information
3. Click Refresh Firefox button to reset Mozilla Firefox
4. Click Refresh Firefox button to continue
Step 4: Remove Arcade Twist from Internet Explorer
Remove malignant add-ons from Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the gear button, and click Manage Add-ons
2. Click Toolbars and Extensions tab, investigate all add-ons, and click Remove or Disable to remove any unwanted add-on
If you′re still having problems with Arcade Twist, you can reset your Internet Explorer.
1. Click the gear button and click Internet Options
2. Click Advanced tab and then click Reset button to reset Internet Explorer
3. Tick Delete personal settings option and click Reset to continue
Step 5: Remove Arcade Twist from Safari
Remove malignant extensions from Safari
1. Open Safari, click the gear button, and click Preferences…
2. Click Extensions tab, investigate all extensions, and click Uninstall to remove any unwanted extension
If you′re still receiving ads from Arcade Twist, you can reset your Safari.
1. Click the gear button and click Reset Safari…
2. Tick all options and click Reset button to reset Safari
Step 6: Remove Arcade Twist from Opera
Remove malignant add-ons from Opera
1. Open Opera, click its menu icon, move your mouse to Extensions and click Extensions Manager
2. Investigate all extensions, and click X to remove any unwanted extension
If you′re still having problems with Arcade Twist, you can reset your Opera.
1. Click its menu icon and click About Opera
2. Copy your profile path and then close Opera
3. Hold Windows logo and R keys on the keyboard to open Run
4. Paste your profile path into the box and click OK
5. Delete the whole folder
Warm tips: if you are not comfortable with performing the above steps, you can use this recommended malware remover to help you automatically detect and remove Arcade Twist and other hidden malware.
If you are having problems while performing Arcade Twist removal from your computer, please ask for assistance in our malware removal forum.
Post a comment:
If you have additional information about Arcade Twist or its removal, please leave your comment and share your knowledge below.
Filed under: Adware