What is Orbitum
Orbitum is classified as an annoying adware virus that has targeted many browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and other famous browsers. Usually, PC users can get infected by Orbitum virus. However, it cannot notice when it comes inside.
Once Orbitum slips into your system, it will change your start-up settings to activate automatically once you boot up your system. It is able to delete some files, which results in poor system performance and improper running. Besides, a lot of suspicious ads may be added to your browser which keep popping up. These ads may take up a great amount of system resources and CPU usage. By then, you may get many difficulties when browsing some websites on the Internet. For instance, you will have to spend a long time to load a page.
Moreover, similar to other adware like Aw Snap and Screen Glaze, Orbitum can also help its creators record your browsing habits and collect your money. Therefore, you should pay attention to your sensitive information once you get infected with Orbitum adware. Normally, Orbitum spreads through junk email attachments, suspicious links, free programs and so on. To be careful when surfing the Internet can avoid such malware. If being infected, you must delete Orbitum adware promptly.
Orbitum Virus Screenshot:
Orbitum virus is malicious and even dangerous:
1. Orbitum virus penetrates into computers without awareness.
2. Orbitum virus affects various browsers and changes browser settings without authorization.
3. Orbitum virus adds its add-ons and extensions to browser so as to generate tons of ads.
4. Ads by Orbitum redirects users to malicious websites which may distribute other viruses.
5. Orbitum virus takes advantage of system vulnerability to spy on users and steal sensitive information.
For Windows 7 and Vista users:
1. Click Start menu button, and click Control Panel
2. Select View by Category and click Uninstall a program under Programs
For Windows XP users:
1. Click Start menu button, and click Control Panel
2. Click Add or Remove Programs
For Windows 8 and 8.1 users:
Hover your mouse over the lower left corner of your screen, right click on the Start menu and select Programs and Features
For Windows 10 users:
Right click on the Windows menu and select Programs and Features
In the program list window, investigate all programs you installed, click on those suspicious programs, and click Uninstall or Remove to get rid of them.
After you uninstall Orbitum and other potentially unwanted programs which may cause your browser redirect problem, it′s necessary to scan and check your computer system for any unwanted leftovers. To scan your system and detect any leftover, you can use this recommended malware detector.
Step 2: Remove Orbitum from Google Chrome
Remove malignant extensions from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome, click its menu icon, move your mouse to More tools and click Extensions
2. Investigate all extensions, and click the trash can to remove any unwanted extension
If you′re still receiving ads from Orbitum, you can reset your Google Chrome.
1. Click its menu icon and click Settings
2. Scroll down the Settings page and click Show advanced settings
3. Move to the end of the page, and click Reset settings button under Reset settings section
4. Click Reset button to continue
Step 3: Remove Orbitum from Mozilla Firefox
Remove malignant add-ons from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, click its menu icon, and click Add-ons
2. Click Extensions tab, investigate all add-ons, and click Remove button to remove any unwanted add-on
If you′re still receiving ads from Orbitum, you can reset your Mozilla Firefox.
1. Click its menu icon and click Open Help Menu
2. Click Troubleshooting Information
3. Click Refresh Firefox button to reset Mozilla Firefox
4. Click Refresh Firefox button to continue
Step 4: Remove Orbitum from Internet Explorer
Remove malignant add-ons from Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the gear button, and click Manage Add-ons
2. Click Toolbars and Extensions tab, investigate all add-ons, and click Remove or Disable to remove any unwanted add-on
If you′re still having problems with Orbitum, you can reset your Internet Explorer.
1. Click the gear button and click Internet Options
2. Click Advanced tab and then click Reset button to reset Internet Explorer
3. Tick Delete personal settings option and click Reset to continue
Step 5: Remove Orbitum from Safari
Remove malignant extensions from Safari
1. Open Safari, click the gear button, and click Preferences…
2. Click Extensions tab, investigate all extensions, and click Uninstall to remove any unwanted extension
If you′re still receiving ads from Orbitum, you can reset your Safari.
1. Click the gear button and click Reset Safari…
2. Tick all options and click Reset button to reset Safari
Step 6: Remove Orbitum from Opera
Remove malignant add-ons from Opera
1. Open Opera, click its menu icon, move your mouse to Extensions and click Extensions Manager
2. Investigate all extensions, and click X to remove any unwanted extension
If you′re still having problems with Orbitum, you can reset your Opera.
1. Click its menu icon and click About Opera
2. Copy your profile path and then close Opera
3. Hold Windows logo and R keys on the keyboard to open Run
4. Paste your profile path into the box and click OK
5. Delete the whole folder
Warm tips: if you are not comfortable with performing the above steps, you can use this recommended malware remover to help you automatically detect and remove Orbitum and other hidden malware.
If you are having problems while performing Orbitum removal from your computer, please ask for assistance in our malware removal forum.
Post a comment:
If you have additional information about Orbitum or its removal, please leave your comment and share your knowledge below.
Filed under: Adware