Brief Introduction of Ads by FreeAps Virus
Ads by FreeAps is another adware virus which pretends to be an ordinary program but in fact incurs a series of chaos such as endless commercial ads and constant annoying redirects. Once Ads by FreeAps seizes the opportunity to enter your PC, it will make malicious modifications to browser settings unknowingly. You will also find that Ads by FreeAps come into your browser when browse on the Internet. This adware not only changes your favorite homepage but also changes your search engine into its own website.
Ads by FreeAps floods many irritating promotion ads, which distract you when you are busy coping with your affairs online. Besides, your search results will be rerouted to various sponsored websites, which blocks you from getting desirable information. It hard for you to stop these irritating pop-up ads from this adware, even though you reset your web browser. All of these sudden changes makes you very confused and annoyed. The greatest danger that Ads by FreeAps brings many other infections like Ixquick.com and TankGripHook to the system, which aims at help the virus makers enhance their advertising strategy. Definitely, Ads by FreeAps is risky to your computer, and you must remove it immediately once it is detected.
Screenshot of Ads by FreeAps:
For Windows 7 and Vista users:
1. Click Start menu button, and click Control Panel
2. Select View by Category and click Uninstall a program under Programs
For Windows XP users:
1. Click Start menu button, and click Control Panel
2. Click Add or Remove Programs
For Windows 8 and 8.1 users:
Hover your mouse over the lower left corner of your screen, right click on the Start menu and select Programs and Features
For Windows 10 users:
Right click on the Windows menu and select Programs and Features
In the program list window, investigate all programs you installed, click on those suspicious programs, and click Uninstall or Remove to get rid of them.
After you uninstall Ads by FreeAps and other potentially unwanted programs which may cause your browser redirect problem, it′s necessary to scan and check your computer system for any unwanted leftovers. To scan your system and detect any leftover, you can use this recommended malware detector.
Step 2: Remove Ads by FreeAps from Google Chrome
Remove malignant extensions from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome, click its menu icon, move your mouse to More tools and click Extensions
2. Investigate all extensions, and click the trash can to remove any unwanted extension
If you′re still receiving ads from Ads by FreeAps, you can reset your Google Chrome.
1. Click its menu icon and click Settings
2. Scroll down the Settings page and click Show advanced settings
3. Move to the end of the page, and click Reset settings button under Reset settings section
4. Click Reset button to continue
Step 3: Remove Ads by FreeAps from Mozilla Firefox
Remove malignant add-ons from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, click its menu icon, and click Add-ons
2. Click Extensions tab, investigate all add-ons, and click Remove button to remove any unwanted add-on
If you′re still receiving ads from Ads by FreeAps, you can reset your Mozilla Firefox.
1. Click its menu icon and click Open Help Menu
2. Click Troubleshooting Information
3. Click Refresh Firefox button to reset Mozilla Firefox
4. Click Refresh Firefox button to continue
Step 4: Remove Ads by FreeAps from Internet Explorer
Remove malignant add-ons from Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the gear button, and click Manage Add-ons
2. Click Toolbars and Extensions tab, investigate all add-ons, and click Remove or Disable to remove any unwanted add-on
If you′re still having problems with Ads by FreeAps, you can reset your Internet Explorer.
1. Click the gear button and click Internet Options
2. Click Advanced tab and then click Reset button to reset Internet Explorer
3. Tick Delete personal settings option and click Reset to continue
Step 5: Remove Ads by FreeAps from Safari
Remove malignant extensions from Safari
1. Open Safari, click the gear button, and click Preferences…
2. Click Extensions tab, investigate all extensions, and click Uninstall to remove any unwanted extension
If you′re still receiving ads from Ads by FreeAps, you can reset your Safari.
1. Click the gear button and click Reset Safari…
2. Tick all options and click Reset button to reset Safari
Step 6: Remove Ads by FreeAps from Opera
Remove malignant add-ons from Opera
1. Open Opera, click its menu icon, move your mouse to Extensions and click Extensions Manager
2. Investigate all extensions, and click X to remove any unwanted extension
If you′re still having problems with Ads by FreeAps, you can reset your Opera.
1. Click its menu icon and click About Opera
2. Copy your profile path and then close Opera
3. Hold Windows logo and R keys on the keyboard to open Run
4. Paste your profile path into the box and click OK
5. Delete the whole folder
Warm tips: if you are not comfortable with performing the above steps, you can use this recommended malware remover to help you automatically detect and remove Ads by FreeAps and other hidden malware.
If you are having problems while performing Ads by FreeAps removal from your computer, please ask for assistance in our malware removal forum.
Post a comment:
If you have additional information about Ads by FreeAps or its removal, please leave your comment and share your knowledge below.
Filed under: Adware