Information of Unfriend List Virus
Similar to Unfriend Review and MyOneSearch, Unfriend List is listed among the adware programs. It makes lots of users upset because it tempers with users’ browser settings without permission once it is installed. There’s no absolute way to prevent it because you cannot know how and when it sneaks inside. The most common way is to penetrate through email attachment, or using bundling technology. Once Unfriend List is installed on your computer, your PC will be put into an extremely dangerous environment.
Unfriend List will modify your system settings so as to control the system and make it convenient for itself to run its processes automatically. As a result, every time you use the computer you always get the ads by Unfriend List, which will cause you many trouble and decrease efficiency of your work. Besides, in order to get benefit from you, Unfriend List will redirect your browsers to some malicious websites that will pop out a great deal of misleading ads. Since Unfriend List is a big threat to your PC, you are supposed to delete it from your computer completely. The longer Unfriend List stays in your PC, the weaker your computer will become.
Unfriend List Screenshot:
What harm Unfriend List will cause in the system:
1. Unfriend List will make modifications to DNS data and other system settings.
2. Unfriend List will add a great many of unwanted advertisements to all your browsers.
3. Unfriend List will automatically install additional programs and add-ons to your PC.
4. Unfriend List will redirect you to questionable sites that might contain viruses.
5. Unfriend List will reduce system resources and make your PC run slowly.
For Windows 7 and Vista users:
1. Click Start menu button, and click Control Panel
2. Select View by Category and click Uninstall a program under Programs
For Windows XP users:
1. Click Start menu button, and click Control Panel
2. Click Add or Remove Programs
For Windows 8 and 8.1 users:
Hover your mouse over the lower left corner of your screen, right click on the Start menu and select Programs and Features
For Windows 10 users:
Right click on the Windows menu and select Programs and Features
In the program list window, investigate all programs you installed, click on those suspicious programs, and click Uninstall or Remove to get rid of them.
After you uninstall Unfriend List and other potentially unwanted programs which may cause your browser redirect problem, it′s necessary to scan and check your computer system for any unwanted leftovers. To scan your system and detect any leftover, you can use this recommended malware detector.
Step 2: Remove Unfriend List from Google Chrome
Remove malignant extensions from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome, click its menu icon, move your mouse to More tools and click Extensions
2. Investigate all extensions, and click the trash can to remove any unwanted extension
If you′re still receiving ads from Unfriend List, you can reset your Google Chrome.
1. Click its menu icon and click Settings
2. Scroll down the Settings page and click Show advanced settings
3. Move to the end of the page, and click Reset settings button under Reset settings section
4. Click Reset button to continue
Step 3: Remove Unfriend List from Mozilla Firefox
Remove malignant add-ons from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, click its menu icon, and click Add-ons
2. Click Extensions tab, investigate all add-ons, and click Remove button to remove any unwanted add-on
If you′re still receiving ads from Unfriend List, you can reset your Mozilla Firefox.
1. Click its menu icon and click Open Help Menu
2. Click Troubleshooting Information
3. Click Refresh Firefox button to reset Mozilla Firefox
4. Click Refresh Firefox button to continue
Step 4: Remove Unfriend List from Internet Explorer
Remove malignant add-ons from Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the gear button, and click Manage Add-ons
2. Click Toolbars and Extensions tab, investigate all add-ons, and click Remove or Disable to remove any unwanted add-on
If you′re still having problems with Unfriend List, you can reset your Internet Explorer.
1. Click the gear button and click Internet Options
2. Click Advanced tab and then click Reset button to reset Internet Explorer
3. Tick Delete personal settings option and click Reset to continue
Step 5: Remove Unfriend List from Safari
Remove malignant extensions from Safari
1. Open Safari, click the gear button, and click Preferences…
2. Click Extensions tab, investigate all extensions, and click Uninstall to remove any unwanted extension
If you′re still receiving ads from Unfriend List, you can reset your Safari.
1. Click the gear button and click Reset Safari…
2. Tick all options and click Reset button to reset Safari
Step 6: Remove Unfriend List from Opera
Remove malignant add-ons from Opera
1. Open Opera, click its menu icon, move your mouse to Extensions and click Extensions Manager
2. Investigate all extensions, and click X to remove any unwanted extension
If you′re still having problems with Unfriend List, you can reset your Opera.
1. Click its menu icon and click About Opera
2. Copy your profile path and then close Opera
3. Hold Windows logo and R keys on the keyboard to open Run
4. Paste your profile path into the box and click OK
5. Delete the whole folder
Warm tips: if you are not comfortable with performing the above steps, you can use this recommended malware remover to help you automatically detect and remove Unfriend List and other hidden malware.
If you are having problems while performing Unfriend List removal from your computer, please ask for assistance in our malware removal forum.
Post a comment:
If you have additional information about Unfriend List or its removal, please leave your comment and share your knowledge below.
Filed under: Adware