What is Peapoon
Peapoon may claim itself as a helpful application and is suggested to install by advertisements. But according to experiences and complaints from many computer users lately, this application can be categorized as a browser adware that causes constant troubles during your online browsing activities. If you are users of Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome, you could be attacked by such browser adware on your computer system.
Peapoon cannot be stopped successfully by anti-virus programs and can get itself installed without approval by bundling with freeware. When users surf online on a browser compromised by the adware, they will encounter numerous pop-up ads by Peapoon constantly. They certainly will affect your online activities as the pop-up ads can block you from viewing the information online or redirect you to unknown suspicious links automatically every once in a while. In general, you won’t be able to surf online efficiently because of all the annoying pop-ups.
What’s more, freeware developers are often fond of bundling their unwanted programs including StreamX and Chromatic Broswer to these ads. Innocent users could download PUPs advertised by these ads brought by Peapoon adware. If you want to avoid further issues and stop all the crazy pop-ups by Peapoon, perform a complete clean of this adware now.
Screenshot of Peapoon:
Peapoon virus is malicious and even dangerous:
1. Peapoon virus penetrates into computers without awareness.
2. Peapoon virus affects various browsers and changes browser settings without authorization.
3. Peapoon virus adds its add-ons and extensions to browser so as to generate tons of ads.
4. Ads by Peapoon redirects users to malicious websites which may distribute other viruses.
5. Peapoon virus takes advantage of system vulnerability to spy on users and steal sensitive information.
For Windows 7 and Vista users:
1. Click Start menu button, and click Control Panel
2. Select View by Category and click Uninstall a program under Programs
For Windows XP users:
1. Click Start menu button, and click Control Panel
2. Click Add or Remove Programs
For Windows 8 and 8.1 users:
Hover your mouse over the lower left corner of your screen, right click on the Start menu and select Programs and Features
For Windows 10 users:
Right click on the Windows menu and select Programs and Features
In the program list window, investigate all programs you installed, click on those suspicious programs, and click Uninstall or Remove to get rid of them.
After you uninstall Peapoon and other potentially unwanted programs which may cause your browser redirect problem, it′s necessary to scan and check your computer system for any unwanted leftovers. To scan your system and detect any leftover, you can use this recommended malware detector.
Step 2: Remove Peapoon from Google Chrome
Remove malignant extensions from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome, click its menu icon, move your mouse to More tools and click Extensions
2. Investigate all extensions, and click the trash can to remove any unwanted extension
If you′re still receiving ads from Peapoon, you can reset your Google Chrome.
1. Click its menu icon and click Settings
2. Scroll down the Settings page and click Show advanced settings
3. Move to the end of the page, and click Reset settings button under Reset settings section
4. Click Reset button to continue
Step 3: Remove Peapoon from Mozilla Firefox
Remove malignant add-ons from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, click its menu icon, and click Add-ons
2. Click Extensions tab, investigate all add-ons, and click Remove button to remove any unwanted add-on
If you′re still receiving ads from Peapoon, you can reset your Mozilla Firefox.
1. Click its menu icon and click Open Help Menu
2. Click Troubleshooting Information
3. Click Refresh Firefox button to reset Mozilla Firefox
4. Click Refresh Firefox button to continue
Step 4: Remove Peapoon from Internet Explorer
Remove malignant add-ons from Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the gear button, and click Manage Add-ons
2. Click Toolbars and Extensions tab, investigate all add-ons, and click Remove or Disable to remove any unwanted add-on
If you′re still having problems with Peapoon, you can reset your Internet Explorer.
1. Click the gear button and click Internet Options
2. Click Advanced tab and then click Reset button to reset Internet Explorer
3. Tick Delete personal settings option and click Reset to continue
Step 5: Remove Peapoon from Safari
Remove malignant extensions from Safari
1. Open Safari, click the gear button, and click Preferences…
2. Click Extensions tab, investigate all extensions, and click Uninstall to remove any unwanted extension
If you′re still receiving ads from Peapoon, you can reset your Safari.
1. Click the gear button and click Reset Safari…
2. Tick all options and click Reset button to reset Safari
Step 6: Remove Peapoon from Opera
Remove malignant add-ons from Opera
1. Open Opera, click its menu icon, move your mouse to Extensions and click Extensions Manager
2. Investigate all extensions, and click X to remove any unwanted extension
If you′re still having problems with Peapoon, you can reset your Opera.
1. Click its menu icon and click About Opera
2. Copy your profile path and then close Opera
3. Hold Windows logo and R keys on the keyboard to open Run
4. Paste your profile path into the box and click OK
5. Delete the whole folder
Warm tips: if you are not comfortable with performing the above steps, you can use this recommended malware remover to help you automatically detect and remove Peapoon and other hidden malware.
If you are having problems while performing Peapoon removal from your computer, please ask for assistance in our malware removal forum.
Post a comment:
If you have additional information about Peapoon or its removal, please leave your comment and share your knowledge below.
Filed under: Adware