DiscountMagnet is labeled as a precarious adware virus, which targets many popular browsers and release lots of ads to users. This virus is so tricky that use the bundling technology to penetrate users’ computers. That is to say, you shouldn’t ever expect to notice when it targets your system. Once your computer is attacked by DiscountMagnet, this contemptible adware will drop lots of infected ads into your system to make chaos. Moreover, DiscountMagnet can generate endless commercial ads on the compromised web browsers, so it usually takes up lots of system resources to perform that malicious activity. As a result, the speed of your Internet will be decelerated heavily.
What make things worse is that DiscountMagnet is able to enable other malicious infections including Glomatron and Unfollow Alert to damage your system and make the system corrupted completely. Under this poor circumstance, you won’t be able to use the computer. DiscountMagnet can redirect you to some websites on purpose, so as to increase the Internet traffic. In this way, its creators can benefit from this. Therefore, before DiscountMagnet performs more dangerous activities, you need to remove DiscountMagnet as soon as possible.
For Windows 7 and Vista users:
1. Click Start menu button, and click Control Panel
2. Select View by Category and click Uninstall a program under Programs
For Windows XP users:
1. Click Start menu button, and click Control Panel
2. Click Add or Remove Programs
For Windows 8 and 8.1 users:
Hover your mouse over the lower left corner of your screen, right click on the Start menu and select Programs and Features
For Windows 10 users:
Right click on the Windows menu and select Programs and Features
In the program list window, investigate all programs you installed, click on those suspicious programs, and click Uninstall or Remove to get rid of them.
After you uninstall DiscountMagnet and other potentially unwanted programs which may cause your browser redirect problem, it′s necessary to scan and check your computer system for any unwanted leftovers. To scan your system and detect any leftover, you can use this recommended malware detector.
Step 2: Remove DiscountMagnet from Google Chrome
Remove malignant extensions from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome, click its menu icon, move your mouse to More tools and click Extensions
2. Investigate all extensions, and click the trash can to remove any unwanted extension
If you′re still receiving ads from DiscountMagnet, you can reset your Google Chrome.
1. Click its menu icon and click Settings
2. Scroll down the Settings page and click Show advanced settings
3. Move to the end of the page, and click Reset settings button under Reset settings section
4. Click Reset button to continue
Step 3: Remove DiscountMagnet from Mozilla Firefox
Remove malignant add-ons from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, click its menu icon, and click Add-ons
2. Click Extensions tab, investigate all add-ons, and click Remove button to remove any unwanted add-on
If you′re still receiving ads from DiscountMagnet, you can reset your Mozilla Firefox.
1. Click its menu icon and click Open Help Menu
2. Click Troubleshooting Information
3. Click Refresh Firefox button to reset Mozilla Firefox
4. Click Refresh Firefox button to continue
Step 4: Remove DiscountMagnet from Internet Explorer
Remove malignant add-ons from Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the gear button, and click Manage Add-ons
2. Click Toolbars and Extensions tab, investigate all add-ons, and click Remove or Disable to remove any unwanted add-on
If you′re still having problems with DiscountMagnet, you can reset your Internet Explorer.
1. Click the gear button and click Internet Options
2. Click Advanced tab and then click Reset button to reset Internet Explorer
3. Tick Delete personal settings option and click Reset to continue
Step 5: Remove DiscountMagnet from Safari
Remove malignant extensions from Safari
1. Open Safari, click the gear button, and click Preferences…
2. Click Extensions tab, investigate all extensions, and click Uninstall to remove any unwanted extension
If you′re still receiving ads from DiscountMagnet, you can reset your Safari.
1. Click the gear button and click Reset Safari…
2. Tick all options and click Reset button to reset Safari
Step 6: Remove DiscountMagnet from Opera
Remove malignant add-ons from Opera
1. Open Opera, click its menu icon, move your mouse to Extensions and click Extensions Manager
2. Investigate all extensions, and click X to remove any unwanted extension
If you′re still having problems with DiscountMagnet, you can reset your Opera.
1. Click its menu icon and click About Opera
2. Copy your profile path and then close Opera
3. Hold Windows logo and R keys on the keyboard to open Run
4. Paste your profile path into the box and click OK
5. Delete the whole folder
Warm tips: if you are not comfortable with performing the above steps, you can use this recommended malware remover to help you automatically detect and remove DiscountMagnet and other hidden malware.
If you are having problems while performing DiscountMagnet removal from your computer, please ask for assistance in our malware removal forum.
Post a comment:
If you have additional information about DiscountMagnet or its removal, please leave your comment and share your knowledge below.
Filed under: Adware