If you cannot get rid of AdChoices program and stop pop-up ads appearing on your browser during your online activities, you can keep reading this post, which displays a workable removal guide to fix your problem.
The Information of AdChoices
AdChoices is a kind of browser extension which can attach to various famous browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer. Similar to other ads delivery programs, AdChoices is used by cyber criminals to distribute various ads for PC users and add various programs like toolbar, plugin, and add-on to the compromised computers. So it has been classified as an adware virus.
Mostly, users cannot find out when AdChoices is installed on their computer because this little thing always comes sneakily and slightly. What will happen after AdChoices is installed on your PC? Firstly, it will start to display lots of sponsored commercial ads or links in the boxes of “Brought to you by AdChoices”, which often appear on the right side of your visiting websites. If you close them, they can pop up automatically again after you open a new tab. This makes many users very upset.
Moreover, AdChoices adware will make the browser overloaded by dropping many junk files. As a result, you will find that the browser becomes over sluggish. Due to AdChoices adware, your computer may even get infected by other malware, which is able to steal personal information and corrupt the system. Hence, you’d better get rid of AdChoices completely once you see it on your PC.
For Windows 7 and Vista users:
1. Click Start menu button, and click Control Panel
2. Select View by Category and click Uninstall a program under Programs
For Windows XP users:
1. Click Start menu button, and click Control Panel
2. Click Add or Remove Programs
For Windows 8 and 8.1 users:
Hover your mouse over the lower left corner of your screen, right click on the Start menu and select Programs and Features
For Windows 10 users:
Right click on the Windows menu and select Programs and Features
In the program list window, investigate all programs you installed, click on those suspicious programs, and click Uninstall or Remove to get rid of them.
After you uninstall and other potentially unwanted programs which may cause your browser redirect problem, it′s necessary to scan and check your computer system for any unwanted leftovers. To scan your system and detect any leftover, you can use this recommended malware detector.
Step 2: Remove from Google Chrome
Remove malignant extensions from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome, click its menu icon, move your mouse to More tools and click Extensions
2. Investigate all extensions, and click the trash can to remove any unwanted extension
If you′re still receiving ads from , you can reset your Google Chrome.
1. Click its menu icon and click Settings
2. Scroll down the Settings page and click Show advanced settings
3. Move to the end of the page, and click Reset settings button under Reset settings section
4. Click Reset button to continue
Step 3: Remove from Mozilla Firefox
Remove malignant add-ons from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, click its menu icon, and click Add-ons
2. Click Extensions tab, investigate all add-ons, and click Remove button to remove any unwanted add-on
If you′re still receiving ads from , you can reset your Mozilla Firefox.
1. Click its menu icon and click Open Help Menu
2. Click Troubleshooting Information
3. Click Refresh Firefox button to reset Mozilla Firefox
4. Click Refresh Firefox button to continue
Step 4: Remove from Internet Explorer
Remove malignant add-ons from Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the gear button, and click Manage Add-ons
2. Click Toolbars and Extensions tab, investigate all add-ons, and click Remove or Disable to remove any unwanted add-on
If you′re still having problems with , you can reset your Internet Explorer.
1. Click the gear button and click Internet Options
2. Click Advanced tab and then click Reset button to reset Internet Explorer
3. Tick Delete personal settings option and click Reset to continue
Step 5: Remove from Safari
Remove malignant extensions from Safari
1. Open Safari, click the gear button, and click Preferences…
2. Click Extensions tab, investigate all extensions, and click Uninstall to remove any unwanted extension
If you′re still receiving ads from , you can reset your Safari.
1. Click the gear button and click Reset Safari…
2. Tick all options and click Reset button to reset Safari
Step 6: Remove from Opera
Remove malignant add-ons from Opera
1. Open Opera, click its menu icon, move your mouse to Extensions and click Extensions Manager
2. Investigate all extensions, and click X to remove any unwanted extension
If you′re still having problems with , you can reset your Opera.
1. Click its menu icon and click About Opera
2. Copy your profile path and then close Opera
3. Hold Windows logo and R keys on the keyboard to open Run
4. Paste your profile path into the box and click OK
5. Delete the whole folder
Warm tips: if you are not comfortable with performing the above steps, you can use this recommended malware remover to help you automatically detect and remove and other hidden malware.
If you are having problems while performing removal from your computer, please ask for assistance in our malware removal forum.
Post a comment:
If you have additional information about or its removal, please leave your comment and share your knowledge below.
Filed under: Adware