Have you noticed the existence of Phrase Professor on your computer? Can you not get rid of this application successfully? Phrase Professor is reported to be an unwanted browser adware that attacks browsers including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox mostly. Computer users will encounter many troubles when surfing online on a browser compromised by Phrase Professor. But how does an adware get on your computer when there is anti-virus protection? It’s believed that this kind of adware can be installed without permission from users by bundling with other unfriendly freeware.
When it’s installed and fully activated, Phrase Professor adware will start affecting the browser efficiency. To be specific, you will come across lots of online pop-up ads which will interrupt and stop you from reaching information online. Phrase Professor can record your browsing histories and display related pop-up ads to trick you. Also, potentially unwanted programs including Price Companion and Fusion Browser are often promoted by these ads by Phrase Professor adware. The annoying ads may even redirect you automatically to unknown websites. As a result, you may have more problems on the computer than just a browser adware. So, remove Phrase Professor adware as quickly as you can to prevent all the troubles later on.
Screenshot of Phrase Professor:
For Windows 7 and Vista users:
1. Click Start menu button, and click Control Panel
2. Select View by Category and click Uninstall a program under Programs
For Windows XP users:
1. Click Start menu button, and click Control Panel
2. Click Add or Remove Programs
For Windows 8 and 8.1 users:
Hover your mouse over the lower left corner of your screen, right click on the Start menu and select Programs and Features
For Windows 10 users:
Right click on the Windows menu and select Programs and Features
In the program list window, investigate all programs you installed, click on those suspicious programs, and click Uninstall or Remove to get rid of them.
After you uninstall Phrase Professor and other potentially unwanted programs which may cause your browser redirect problem, it′s necessary to scan and check your computer system for any unwanted leftovers. To scan your system and detect any leftover, you can use this recommended malware detector.
Step 2: Remove Phrase Professor from Google Chrome
Remove malignant extensions from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome, click its menu icon, move your mouse to More tools and click Extensions
2. Investigate all extensions, and click the trash can to remove any unwanted extension
If you′re still receiving ads from Phrase Professor, you can reset your Google Chrome.
1. Click its menu icon and click Settings
2. Scroll down the Settings page and click Show advanced settings
3. Move to the end of the page, and click Reset settings button under Reset settings section
4. Click Reset button to continue
Step 3: Remove Phrase Professor from Mozilla Firefox
Remove malignant add-ons from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, click its menu icon, and click Add-ons
2. Click Extensions tab, investigate all add-ons, and click Remove button to remove any unwanted add-on
If you′re still receiving ads from Phrase Professor, you can reset your Mozilla Firefox.
1. Click its menu icon and click Open Help Menu
2. Click Troubleshooting Information
3. Click Refresh Firefox button to reset Mozilla Firefox
4. Click Refresh Firefox button to continue
Step 4: Remove Phrase Professor from Internet Explorer
Remove malignant add-ons from Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the gear button, and click Manage Add-ons
2. Click Toolbars and Extensions tab, investigate all add-ons, and click Remove or Disable to remove any unwanted add-on
If you′re still having problems with Phrase Professor, you can reset your Internet Explorer.
1. Click the gear button and click Internet Options
2. Click Advanced tab and then click Reset button to reset Internet Explorer
3. Tick Delete personal settings option and click Reset to continue
Step 5: Remove Phrase Professor from Safari
Remove malignant extensions from Safari
1. Open Safari, click the gear button, and click Preferences…
2. Click Extensions tab, investigate all extensions, and click Uninstall to remove any unwanted extension
If you′re still receiving ads from Phrase Professor, you can reset your Safari.
1. Click the gear button and click Reset Safari…
2. Tick all options and click Reset button to reset Safari
Step 6: Remove Phrase Professor from Opera
Remove malignant add-ons from Opera
1. Open Opera, click its menu icon, move your mouse to Extensions and click Extensions Manager
2. Investigate all extensions, and click X to remove any unwanted extension
If you′re still having problems with Phrase Professor, you can reset your Opera.
1. Click its menu icon and click About Opera
2. Copy your profile path and then close Opera
3. Hold Windows logo and R keys on the keyboard to open Run
4. Paste your profile path into the box and click OK
5. Delete the whole folder
Warm tips: if you are not comfortable with performing the above steps, you can use this recommended malware remover to help you automatically detect and remove Phrase Professor and other hidden malware.
If you are having problems while performing Phrase Professor removal from your computer, please ask for assistance in our malware removal forum.
Post a comment:
If you have additional information about Phrase Professor or its removal, please leave your comment and share your knowledge below.
Filed under: Adware